shutterstock_398680732

HAVE YOU HAD YOUR HEATING SYSTEM CHECKED/SERVICED?  GAS HEATERS CAN BE DEADLY IF NOT MAINTAINED PROPERLY.

Over the last couple of months we have had a few things play up in our house in Hampton, washing machine, dishwasher and a hot water issue.  While I was getting all these things serviced I also thought about our gas ducted heating.  I couldn’t remember the last time we’d had it checked so I made an appointment for this to happen as I didn’t want any issues throughout Winter.

I made an appointment with a Technician, I assumed it would be a quick check as our heater had been working perfectly but I was shocked when he walked back in the door saying he had some bad news.

“I am shutting your ducted heating down right now, there are a few cracks in the unit and it is leaking carbon monoxide into your house.’

Carbon monoxide is a deadly colorless, odourless and tasteless gas and it can kill you before you even know it’s there.  The technician shut down our system right then and there on the spot by capping the gas.  We don’t know how high the levels seeping through our system were but it was an extremely dangerous situation.

High levels of carbon monoxide, when breathed in can cause brain damage, other serious illness and even death, that’s why they call it the silent killer – it is a very serious situation.

Please get your systems checked – I cannot recommend more highly Coldflow, Heating and Air Conditioning in Melbourne.  They are are a family-run business specialising in the sale, installation and repair of all the leading brands in air conditioners, evaporative cooling, split systems, gas ducted heating and ducted refrigerated heating and cooling.

I shopped around and Coldflow had the best price on the full replacement of our system and they took away the old one.  They beat another quote I had for the exact same system and installation etc. by $800.  They were also very fast in turnaround, we had the new system fully installed within 2 days.

I cannot tell you how lucky I feel to have identified a potentially lethal situation in my own home that has now been fixed and avoided.  If I hadn’t of had my gas heating checked/serviced, I hate to think what could have been.

Carbon monoxide poisoning can occur in any home or building with gas heating appliances, EVEN the newer ones.

www.coldflow.net.au

1300 880 688

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Start typing and press Enter to search